الثلاثاء، 22 أغسطس 2017

Review: Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered

Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered by Austin Kleon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You know how sometimes a person comes to you at just the right moment in your life? This book was that to me. I have been in a slump for a really long time and it has been months and months since I last read a book and finished it. My emotions were rolling all over the place, my motivation and ambition were at their lowest points, and I thought that I will never be creative again or enjoy reading again. I know it is cliche to say this book changed me, but it really did, it gave me the spark again.

I am excited to read and write again. The book taught me that is okay to post my work out into the world even if I think it is not worth it and that it is the most embarrassing boring thing. we put so much pressure on ourselves by wanting everything to be perfect, and if it's not perfect then we give up and stop trying.
This book gave me the courage to share, and the guts to create new content and feel that it is something worth it. Right now I try to tell myself everyday, that my work does mean something, if it is good it will motivate me to work more, if I think it is bad, then I can focus my energy on trying to create something better instead of filling my mind with negative thoughts and surrendering from the beginning.

I am so happy I found this book and grateful for the wonderful effect it has given me, I hope I can keep the motivation high as long as I can.

View all my reviews

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق