السبت، 30 مارس 2013

Review: James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing


James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing
James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing by G. Norman Lippert

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Rarely has it been that a book became extremely gripping and addictive, that things like sleeping and eating are rendered unimportant. All that is important is reading on to know what will come next. It is even less often that this book is fan made, for there is a large chance that the characters and events will not be portrayed in the way that the original author imagined them. However, I find that James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing is an exception. The book had the same addictive feel of the original Harry Potter series even though G.Norman Lippert's writing style was different than J.K.Rowling, but I must say that this feeling decreased in some parts of the book. I couldn't help feeling a surge of pride and anger whenever I read a detail that was different from the original series, which I think clouded my judgment about Lippert's writing. I must say that this book had more clear themes than the original series; some themes were even political which made the book all the more interesting to read. The writer also provided a different look into the lives and personalities of old characters that we had known so well, like Neville and Harry, and while some details may disappoint passionate readers, I found them very interesting.
Throughout the novel, James goes through a journey of self discovery, trying to find his place and afraid of falling in his father's shadow. I believe that the same thing goes for G.Norman Lippert. As long as he is writing in the world of Harry Potter, he will be in the shadow of the writer who created this world. I also believe that with his great writing skill and an amazing idea, G.Norman Lippert may indeed fly and become as famous as J.K.Rowling.

P.S.
In some parts of the book, James felt like a spoiled kid. I must admit that an orphan main character is more appealing.




View all my reviews

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق